These cupcakes are so easy to make! I’ve been looking for a recipe which doesn’t need a lot of ingredients, and thankfully I found this 🙂 All the ingredients I think you’ll have it in your fridge! I just had to buy condensed milk and evaporated milk 🙂 These reminds me of the simple “cheesecake” sold here in local bakeries (not the one with graham crust and cream cheese – hey but that’s yummy too!).
Try these cheese cupcakes! It goes well with coffee on a rainy day ^^
|1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour, sifted||½ cup cheese, shredded|
|2 tsp baking powder||½ cup cheddar cheese, shredded|
|¼ tsp salt||1 can (large) Sweetened condensed milk, 300 mL|
|½ cup butter, softened||1 can (small) Evaporated milk, 154 mL|
|½ cup sugar|
- Mix flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix softened butter, sugar, and eggs.
- Combine flour mixture and butter mixture.
- Mix condensed milk and evaporated milk.
- In a large bowl, add 1/3 of flour & butter mixture, then add ½ of the milk mixture. Add in 1/3 of flour&butter mixture, then the remaining half of the milk mixture. Lastly, add the remaining flour mixture. Mix slowly with each addition.
- Add in cheese.
- Put cupcake liners on the pan.
- Fill the cupcake pan with the final mixture up to about 2/3 full.
- Top with cheddar cheese.
- Bake in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 20-25 minutes or until cupcake starts to brown.
TIP: As a general rule, to check if what you’re baking is already cooked all throughout: insert a toothpick fully, then withdraw and check. If the toothpick comes out clean, then it’s cooked! 🙂
The original recipe where I got this from was from a fellow Filipino, but she’s working abroad so she had a different size available of condensed milk. She used 14 ounces (equivalent to about 420 mL) of condensed milk, but here in the Philippines the largest available condensed milk is only 300-mL, so I added a smaller can of evaporated milk (154 mL).
This goes well with my leftover cream cheese frosting (from the red velvet cupcakes recipe). Enjoy!
Got this recipe from here www.kawalingpinoy.com/2013/08/cheese-cupcakes 🙂